• Pilot Actions: short-term priorities such as identification of solar potentials, development and implementation of town planning measures…
• Action Plan: long-term strategic action plans to integrate solar energy at urban level embedded in overall planning strategies of participating cities
Within the solar Action Plans developed by POLIS Cities, more than 60 short-term measures have been identified to support the upgrade of solar energy at urban level.
To promote solar energy at urban level cities will focuses on 4 key issues:
• Urban and building structures;
• Energy supply and consumption structure;
• Existing solar actions and measures;
• Urban planning practices regarding solar energy
From this perspective, POLIS project brings together local authorities with different experiences and varying states of urban development, to share their knowledge on solar town planning and encourage further activities within the scope of an expert network for cities.
Finally, POLIS project will be described and evaluated as a background for the development of planning references and legal guidelines, in order to disseminate best practice transfer to other cities that represent a major outcome of the project.